It's a blend of luxurious oils and butters, whipped into fluffy, creamy clouds that begin to melt with your touch as you rub the softness into your skin. And did I mention, it smells incredible? My newest body care creation has quickly become my favourite-Body Butter.
Best of all, it's easy to make! Here's How in 10 Easy Steps:
1. Choose your favourite hard butters. I love cocoa for the smell, shea for the skin-healing benefits and mango for the creaminess. Measure out 1 cup total, you can use only one or make a blend. I like 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/4 cup mango, 1/4 cup shea.
2. Choose soft oils. Soft oils that are great for the skin include jojoba, grapeseed, olive, sweet almond and sunflower. Choose one or blend to measure 1/2 cup.
3. Measure out 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Great for the skin, the texture of the butter and it adds a wonderful smell.
4. Place your hard butters in a double boiler and melt.
5. Once melted, add your coconut oil. Melt and stir.
6. Remove double boiler from heat and add your soft oils. Stir.
7. If using essential oils, you can add 10-15 drops.
8. Pour into a large glass bowl and place in the freezer or fridge. Leave to be cooled until it's getting firm but not hard, the consistency of hair gel is perfect. This takes about 20 minutes in the freezer or an hour in the fridge. Some parts may be hard, while others are still liquid, just give it a little stir and see if it's like gel. Once it's ready remove from the fridge.
9. Whip into fluffiness! An electric mixer or hand-held mixer works well, but so does good ol' elbow grease! Whip until fluffy peaks form, like whipping cream or egg whites.
10. Transfer to containers. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my bag to impress my friends! You can store extras in the fridge, it will harden while it's cold, but soften right up when you take it out.
There you go, Body Butter in 10 easy steps! Amazing for the skin and such a wonderful gift to make for loved ones. Let me know what your favourite blends are and if you have any questions.!